Monday, January 11, 2021

Community Supper - We're published!

 

I have been a member of the American Quilt Study Group since 1985. One of the great perks of membership is the newsletter, “Blanket Statements”. Back in early October, Hallie Bond announced that they would be doing a special edition featuring stories in "times of illness and stress". I sent her a link to my final post about “our” Community Supper quilt (here) and it was chosen for publication. This quilt belongs to all 79 of you who participated! 


 

To get your own copy and to find out more about this wonderful organization, visit the website of the American Quilt Study Group (here).

 In the event that I can enter this quilt in any future exhibits pertaining to these Covid times, I will be sure to post it for all to enjoy. Thanks to all of you who joined me in this crazy quilt.

 I hoping for healthier, calmer, and kinder days ahead.

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s so exciting! What a wonderful article! It’s such an interesting quilt and I love the backside too. (And, also exciting for me -my block is in a periodical!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What nice recognition for all your work. This quilt is really significant. This article will give other quilters motivation to make something that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! The story of this special quilt is one that everyone will find amazing. I'm glad you and this awesome quilt were chosen for publication!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Wendy, so highly deserved! You created a fabulous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo! That's so exciting! You brought so many people together during such a stressful time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic news Wendy. Well done.It is an amazing story and quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my... that's fabulous and well deserved Wendy ! You have done a great job !! Congratulations !
    Do you think I can get a copy of the magazine ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely wonderful and I can't wait to read all about it in Blanket Statements! Community Supper was a great way to bring us all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! Thank you so much for your brilliant idea and work on the community supper quilt. It is a 2020 story to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's awesome, Wendy!! Congratulations on getting "our" Community Supper quilt published!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how wonderful... congratulations! It's such a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Wendy. Hope fun to be published. Thanks for including my block.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course yours was picked. It is such an incredible story of our times. I am so so glad that I made it into this quilt along with so many quilt friends, including my dear Jill Reid.
    well done. Proud to call you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is wonderful! It was a great idea that you executed perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. And can we say, "Dinner is served"! What a great finish you have, and nice recognition as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How did I miss this post?? This is wonderful, Wendy! So excited for you--and all of us. Seems to me there should be a show somewhere of just quarantine quilts, and this would take the cake!

    ReplyDelete