Sunday, January 24, 2021

Curves with Cecile and Corinne - update

 

My goal is 100 blocks and I am fast approaching that now. 

 I like to oversize my backgrounds a bit when appliqueing circles so that if I am a tad off on my centers, I can fix it when trimming. 


One hundred blocks leave quite a pile of trimmings! 

These little gems measure 3” finished. Or, at least they are supposed to… oops! 

Measure twice, cut once – just a little too short! No worries, into the orphan block box for the next “pot luck” quilt.

 I'm linking up with Kathy's Quilts for her slow stitching Sunday. Check out all the great Sunday slow stitchers (here)

Still working on border plans. Stay tuned. 

Visit their FB page (here) to watch all the progress.


12 comments:

  1. Fun way to use a wonderful variety of prints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just "did the math" and realized how small this treasure is going to be - a mini sampler of prints! Love, love, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can well imagine one hundred blocks do leave a lot of trimmings. LOVE all your happy little blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohhhh i didn't realize these babies were so tiny! I love little blocks.
    100 - you are an inspiration as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great little hand project!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my! Such small blocks to have a complete circle in the middle. I look forward to seeing how your assembled 100 blocks look when they all come together and your border plans are complete!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my! You have been going round and round.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving your circles! I think you should win a trip to France to celebrate your 100 blocks!! Of course, you might have to wait a bit to collect!!
    GREAT job, Wendy!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such sweet itty bitty blocks with wonderful fabrics and contrast. Ooooo look forward to seeing the border.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Circles - my favorite quilt design element. I am working on machine stitched curves for the quilt along - slow and getting steadier

    ReplyDelete