Monday, February 28, 2022

February Monthly Mini

 I just love my mini this month! Happy and scrappy! 

 My Betsy Chutchian “circle” quilt has been on hold until the latest line (Mary Ann’s Gift) of charm packs arrives. You can read about the “mother” quilt (here). Or, I can just tell you that it is on hold because I need 10 more fabrics to complete the circle applique blocks in order for this to be a true “charm” (every fabric is different) quilt.

 I had over 200 pieces leftover from the circle cutouts that looked like this. 

So, I simply cut triangles until I had enough to make this sweet little quilt. I ended up with 80 half square triangle (so that is 160 different fabrics).

 The border fabric is one of my favorite prints (I know, I have a lot of favorites) and it was all I could do to leave it plain. In fact, I was so surprised that I liked it this way, that I have decided to call it, “Look Ma, no corner blocks!”.

 Now what to do with the remaining pile of leftovers.


I kept half and sent half to an unsuspecting friend who I know will do something superb with them. Mine are already thinking about what to become for next month’s mini.

We’ve picked up a few new mini makers, so grab a cup of tea and click away! Remember it is a short month so if they haven't posted their mini yet (or even if they have decided to skip a month) come back with a second cuppa!

Quilting Babcia (Amity Quilter)

Randy (Barrister’s Block)

Cathy (Big Lake Quilter) 

Cyndi (Busy Thimble)

Grace (City Mouse Quilter)

Barb (Fun with Barb)

Gladi (Gladi’s Quilts)

Shasta (High Road Quilter)

Nancy (Joy For Grace)

Joy (Joyful Quilter)

Julie (Julie K Quilts)

Kathy (Kathy’s Quilts)

Katy (Katy Quilts)

Sandy (My Material Creations)

Meredithe (Pomegranate and Chintz)

Angie (Quilting on the Crescent)

Barbara (Quilts, Gravestones and Elusive Ancestors)

Janet (Rogue Quilts)

Tazzie (Tazzie Quilts)

Kyle (Timeless Reflections)

Cynthia (Wabi-Sabi Quilts)

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely, " charming". What a great time saver to use those leftover bits from one quilt to create another with 160 different fabrics. The border fabric joins the happy party perfectly. Now I want to make hst's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A classic mini in its beauty and simplicity! The border is lovely as is! Thanks Wendy! (no mini this month... or year? but I'm on a break!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the spots of orange! Very sweet mini

    ReplyDelete
  4. you must be kidding...not enough fabric for a charm quilt? the mini is lovely tho and makes me smile....simple can be stunning as you have so adeptly proven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little quilt is so positively delightful! I love that you used leftovers from another quilt and, even more, that every fabric is different.

    I wanted to let you know that I finished a little quilt this month but I don't know whether you'd want to include in your list or not. It's only my third little quilt ever and I probably won't be a regular contributor to your monthly mini posts. Either way is fine. Thanks. If you want to include this is the link: https://joyforgrace.blogspot.com/2022/02/dear-prudence-first-finish-of-2022.html.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mini is absolutely wonderful! Love that you used little bits to make all those hsts! Wow! Scrappiness at it's BEST and the border is perfect :) Great name, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything about this mini, especially how three-dimensional it looks with the more subdued neutral border. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your mini with the “plain” borders, Wendy. Without corner blocks to anchor it, the center appears to float, an amazing effect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I love the border fabric and I agree it doesn't need corner blocks to frame the delightful center. Wish I could help with more Betsy Chutchian fabric. I do have the FQ stack of Hope's Journey if you needs me to cut some charms for your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mini quilt is just lovely Wendy, and I'm going to have fun visiting all the other mini quilt blogs too!
    *hugs*
    Tazzie

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a lovely little creation, and the border fabric makes it sing! What a wonderful synergy comes from simple HSTs combined with a beautiful border.
    Your post has made me rethink the use of some scraps I now own. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how your mini group is growing! So much fun to follow along.:) And your mini is delightful. The colors sparkle wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in awe of your patience in sewing all those HSTs together! Well worth it, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bow before the mini master - you! love this months and I too love that print.
    Yay for your getting so many new participants (sorry I'm a blank again )

    ReplyDelete