Saturday, February 25, 2023

Circle a Day

 I must admit, I missed making a monthly mini in January. My solution is to take my "daily circles" and turn them into a monthly mini. The layout for the quilt will be 12 "potholder" blocks (3 across x 4 down). Each blocks contains 30 circles. Obviously, not every month has 30 days, so there will be some adjustments to make. And, for the math minded I'm sure you have already figured out that 30 x 12 does not equal 365 so there will be five little circles on my label on the back!

Here is my January block. 
 
I'm pretty sure I am going to use the same binding for all blocks, but the backings will all be different novelty feedsacks. I have decided to call this one "Sugar Cookies". Yum!!
 

Have a super day!



15 comments:

  1. Oooo what a neat idea. I love how you quilted this, too, with the little circles in the intersections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love your food themed pattern names!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! How fun! It will be another winner! We will be at Cyndi's March 7 or 8th. Hubby will be with me. I hope to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's going to be a very bright and happy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You come up with the best names. The yellow makes a darling binding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've missed our monthly minis too, but like you, I've thinking in terms of monthly ideas. Are your circles feed sack prints as well? Your stash is getting a workout with this and your houses as well. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kyle, yet another feedsack fabric quilt. I seem to be on a roll!

      Delete
  7. Another incredible quilt in the works, Wendy! And your chosen name for it is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful project! I do love that chick fabric so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice Wendy! Great mix of colors...and Sugar Cookies 😋

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Wendy, what a great idea for all those little circles! I love your style--as always! What fun to put a different feedsack print on the back of each block. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That totally counts, Wendy! I know you really enjoy assembling a big quilt with your "potholder" method. LOVE those circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. how did i miss this fun post!? I love this. You are so clever my friend.

    ReplyDelete