Monday, May 22, 2023

It's Tea Time

 I finished all these potholder blocks last month but, before I could assemble them I started another one! I decided that I liked the look so much, I would try one with totally different fabrics. (stay tuned for the unveiling LOL). This one is made from  feedsacks and vintage tea towels (hence the name, "Tea Time"). 


I had so much fun trying to find the right towels from my collection. I didn't want to cut up any that were still usable as linens, so it was a bit of a challenge. Some of these have been in the family for quite a while, so it is nice to be able to showcase them in a colorful quilt.

And, as usual with this potholder method, the back is almost as much fun as the front. 

 

I'm off tomorrow for our annual "Seven Sistahs" retreat where I will be assembling the second one. Photos to follow! Enjoy the day!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, how do you come up with such a clever creation? Those look like sweet, vintage postcards on display together. But in keeping with your food themed names, Tea Time is perfect. And yes, the back is almost as much fun as the front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this quilt! I'm always looking for something to do with my worn vintage linens. What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to use the vintage tea towels this way. Another cheerful fun quilt. Hope you are enjoying your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! You are so clever to showcase tea towels. Love the way your quilt turned out and the back is fabulous with all those vintage feedsacks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect way to showcase the lovely linen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt! I recently inherited a whole stack of embroidered tea towels, dresser scarves and cookies as I clean out my mothers Vermont home. I looking for ideas to use them in quilts.

    ReplyDelete