Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Oh where oh where has my little blog gone??

 I am no longer going to promise myself to be better about blogging. When it happens it happens. I have long since figured out that I can quilt or blog, so I guess I can see which wins out! I don't want a mile long post, so I will just show a few of things I have been working on. 

I love making donation quilts and most of mine now go to the local "infusion center" so that the patients can be wrapped in a quilt to keep them warm during those long hours! 

This first one was quilted by our "quilting angel" Sharon Patterson. She too understands how important it is to keep warm during those long stretches and also how nice it is to know that someone cares. She does a magnificent job!

 
The next two were very simply (yet lovingly) quilted my me. I am not fond of machine quilting but I can seem to manage straight lines when I need to. I had a big stack of yellow strips leftover from another project and thought they would be perfect for brightening gloomy days in a chair! 
 

This one was really fun to make. I used lots of small chintz pieces leftover from another quilt. I must admit, this setting is not for the dyslexic. It isn't difficult, you just need to pay attention to which side the white strip is on! 
 

I also finished (quite a while ago!!) my "bonbons" quilt utilizing a fantastic collection of fabrics by Brigitte Giblin. This quilt was sooooo much fun to make! I hand quilted this one, just for me!
 

I'll post more later. I know we are all busy and "post overload" is something none of us need. LOL. Hope to get back to reading and commenting too! Hugs to all!!




11 comments:

  1. Always fun and inspiring to read one of your posts. Great idea for leftover strips. Any color or style would be super cute. Post when you can. I know how it is 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you are definitely singing my song today, To quilt or to blog? Love seeing your wonderful projects whenever you have time for us. I especially love the last little quilt you have shown today. They busy print border just makes me smile!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wendy, I understand totally. Most days it's not even quilting or blogging, it's keeping a lid on things home-wise or quilting, without even a thought to blogging. I think a lot of us are finding it more difficult to blog regularly as we get older, once a month or six week seems about right for many of us. Always a treat though to see your latest creations and know that you're OK and still quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little quilt with the chintz pieces. Off-setting the pieces makes it so interesting and of course I would love to see all the pieces close-up. Donating quilts gives me a good feeling. I'm in the process of finishing one up for Quilts of Valor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very worthy cause and they will be adored no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some lovely finishes. I might just have to make my own version of the dyslexic quilt, I have quite a lot of florals that need using.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta keep it fun! I love seeing what you are doing and what quilts you are working on. The last medallion is super!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is good to see what you have been busy creating. And it is very good to hear from you.
    What a variety of styles you have shared here today, and each one has its own kind of charm. I am especially drawn to the bonbon quilt. Beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Wendy! Love these photos! I can't tell which one I like best but I love the ones with the leftover Chintz (so clever), and the bonbon one makes me happy too! Have a wonderful week and thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of goodies in this post, Wendy! It's always fun to see what you are working on and the donation quilts for the infusion center are a great idea! Love the way you used all those different fabrics in 'bonbons.' I've also made some adjustments to my blogging routine :) Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's great to see you posting again, even if only occasionally, and even better to know that you're feeling well enough to quilt!
    The stars quilt looks so comfortable and comforting. The mix of colors is delightful.
    Without question, if I'd seen the bonbons quilt hanging somewhere I would have immediately thought of you and would have wondered if you'd made it. It has your signature all over it! It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete